Apply for a FACES Grant
The FACES Grant Cycle for Montgomery County, Maryland will open on August 5, and applications are due by September 5 at 5 p.m. The winners will be announced in December. As well, a Meet the Funder Workshop will take place on Tuesday, August 13 at 9 a.m. at the Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza in Silver Spring. This workshop will focus on the E-Grant system, which is used during the FACES grant application process. Those with questions about the application process may contact Melissa Rizer at 302-436-3015 or email@example.com.
The FACES application process has two steps, and you must complete all steps in order for your application to be considered.
1. Determine eligibility - please visit our FACES page to determine whether your organization is eligible to apply for a FACES grant.
2. Apply online - please submit your online application at http://freemanfoundation.egrant.net/ when the grant cycle opens.
Please attach the following information to your online application and submit in accordance with the deadline.
1. Three references’ names, phone numbers, email addresses, and how they are affiliated with your organization. References should be familiar with your organization. Please include the program coordinator, if applicable. Acknowledging the limitations of privacy restrictions, please try to include at least one reference who is a member of the community you serve. This person should be familiar with your services, not necessarily of the specific grant program request. One reference may be a member of your Board of Directors. Two of the three references should be able to answer detailed questions about your organization and the grant application.
Project/program expense report and anticipated income sources.
List of board members with contact information, terms, occupations, and places of employment (if applicable)
2. List your current year’s revenue and expenses plus the past (2) years.
3. Your organization’s annual operating budget.
4. Your organization’s balance sheet.
5. Your organization’s latest financial audit. If no audit is available, please submit the most recent IRS Form-990.
6. Annual report, if available.
7. Any testimonials or newspaper articles referencing your organization and its work (not to exceed four pages).
Schools or units of Government: You are only required to attach items 1 and 2 from the above and my attach items 5 and 6 if applicable. Those with questions about the application process may contact Melissa Rizer at 302-436-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.